I have been pinning all my party decoration wish list to my board on Pinterest and had to take a break and think about party invites!
So here are a few photos of what I would love to make:
I tend to get carried away, My sister-in-law, who is expecting, chose the tent invite with the ribbon. I will make these and you can also. The file can be found on The Silhouette Design Store and is CIRCUS TENT CARD by Jennifer Wambach Design ID #30188: cost $0.50 I will enlarge the file as my first sample that I cut , was too small for my taste. Evaluation is at the very end. This is a really simple file so I kept it short.
In Brief: The file is worth it at $0.50 but it is easy to make your own card. It took two different cardstock blue and red , glue and ribbon.
I also printed a carnival invite $0.50 using this file
BIG TOP PARTY GRUNGE PNC by Jennifer Wambach Design ID #30182 for the inside.
The card was easy to cut and assemble. You really did not need any instructions and can be done by young kids. The printed file was even easier. Both files get 47 out of 48 only because it needed ribbon and the other printing. Both file are worth it . If you have time on your hands and want to make your own… that is always an option!
For a free version similar to Jennifer Wambach on Pinterest click here
I also really liked the Bendi/ Bendy Card and made a template for the circus version. This is mine. Notice the arms are not bending!
My template was a little off so I found a tutorial and fixed it. The free file link is HERE…note that the images included are created from Google free commercial use image or are my own. If an image is not included it is because it did not belong to me. Some of the images in the file need to be duplicated, for example, the balloons. The cutting files for the patterned paper did not fit in the file but I can send it if anyone wants. Also you can cut by hand or digitally create a rectangle smaller than each card piece and cut.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
Both files were $0.50 a score of 6 out of 6 for both files
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do. for both files This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting either file “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
So easy a young kid can do this: No instruction needed I give this a easy rating of 6 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
I added a ribbon “I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.” a 5 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo. This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- half sheet of 8.5 in x 11 in red Cardstock paper
- half sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. blue Cardstock
- 1 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. white Cardstock
- scrap ribbon
- ink for printing file.
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 47 out of 48.
here are the free files once more
On behalf of Not So Clever People