I hated box card, not sure why maybe because they were; well boxy! The flaps that hung down and all the stuff stuck to the sides was just not me. As I perused Pinterest and other sites looking for 3d cards, these box cards kept popping up and I was thinking: I need to make my own version when there it was the perfect 3d card that did not look like a box card but was! That card was in the shape of a coffee mug, I then went on the make one that was a house and now the cutest Hippo in bed sick!
The photos below show what the file looks like when opened and how I grouped the pieces for cutting.
This project got an overall score of 44 out of 48. The total time was about 40 minutes
Most importantly, the question is, would I make this again? Yes! Yes! and Yes! I think it is just stinking cute.
Is this project versatile? get well card can be used over and over and the hippo could be used on a flat card.
9 different colour cardstock Glue. Dimensional tape, Silhouette CAMEO 3®
Some of the pieces were small so keep track of the. I grouped the pieces by the colours I needed to cut. TIP: As always I filled in the pieces with the same colour as the paper I will use as it helps to keep me organized.
To cut all the pieces, and to fold the score lines took about 30 minutes, another 10 minutes to glue.Give yourself 40 to 60 minutes to complete for the first time.
There were no tutorial links on The Silhouette Design Store and on the designers’ website the video link was a generic box card assembly
Yes. This project can be done by older kids with guidance.
This file was $1.99 on Lori Whitlock website and $2.99 from The Silhouette Design Store Other PROJECT TYPE range from $1.99 to $2.99 in the Design Store so this project was a little pricey.
Other places for boxes cards
When I looked for SVG files to buy on the web, I Googled pop up box card and found on ETSY
Not SO Clever People on Pinterest where I have a collection of box cards. including a few tutorials.
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $2.99 a score of 4 out of 6.
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do. As always I coloured in the pieces to keep me organized. This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file even the wee tiny pieces came out great “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you are not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
Medium Difficulty: No instruction except for the photo as a guide. No tutorial sexcept generic tutorial. Got a 4 out of 6
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper and glue
No extra items needed but I used dimensional tape for the sentiment. “Did not have to add ” a 6 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo online. This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost of the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost of the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- 1 sheet of 8.5 in x 11 in dark pink Cardstock paper
- .5 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. medium pink cardstock
- .5 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. deark grey cardstock
- Scrap piece black, light pink, light grey or beige,white and red cardstock.
- My Silhouette CAMEO® 3 machine.
My overall score for this project is 44 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People