FIRE TRUCK 3D BOX CARD by Snapdragon Snippets Design ID #62667
Evaluating this elaborate Box card in the shape of a fire truck. I did say somewhere that I was not fond of box cards…I take that all back….love this one
The project got an overall score of 41 out of 48. The total time was about 20 minutes to cut and glue.
Most importantly, the question is, would I make this again? Yes for any kid who loves a firetruck!
Is this project versatile? You can use as a decoration, or as a card .
Cardstock- Red, Dark Grey, Silver, Black, Yellow, Orange, and white paper
Ther are a lot of pieces. I grouped them according to colour for cutting.
TIP: As always I filled in the pieces with the same colour as the paper I will use as it helps to keep me organized.
Below show the layout I found best for cutting out the image using 8.5 in x 11 in paper.
To cut all the pieces, and to fold the score lines took about 20 minutes, another 25 minutes to glue.
Give yourself 45 minutes to complete for the first time.
Tutorial links!!! on The Silhouette Design Store
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $2.99 a score of 4 out of 6
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout, lots of pieces and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Looked at the layout, lots of pieces and was confused so visited blog, video, website
As always I coloured in the pieces to keep me organized.
This got a 4 out of 6 for open file category l3.
3.Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
Medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result: There is a step by step tutorial I give this a medium rating of 3 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
I did not have to add anything other than the paper so a 6 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo online. This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and /or designer
- I would not recommend the file and / or the designer
I will recommend the designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00
to complete this project:
- 2.5 sheet of 8.5 in x 11 in red Cardstock paper
- 0.75 1.5 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. black paper
- 0.3 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in white
- 1.3sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in grey
- 0.5 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in yellow
- 1 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in silver
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My overall score for this project is 41 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People