Back to evaluating mini albums and working my way towards the big girl stuff of brag books.
This mini album is from MY LIFE ALBUM SET by Carina Gardner Design ID #49425. Note there is no tutorial for this exact album so I just went ahead and cut it out of cardstock I had on hand with no extra base for rigidity. It took less than 30 minutes to cut, fold and glue. Look out for my next post on how to create a mini album like this from scratch.
What takes the longest for me is deciding on the paper. I am horrible at choosing colors that go together and this is where my team member comes in. I have neglected in mentioning this in every post so far!
This mini album is very easy to cut out. When I opened the file, I needed to group the score lines, and hole punch marks together with the main piece.
When I opened the file, I needed to group the score lines, and hole punch marks together with the main piece.
I went ahead filled the file with my patterns and I will use this to keep me organized. Although it is not a complicated project, I kept a screenshot of the finished Album next to the file for reference.
My paper is not double sided so I found that the finished product was not sturdy enough and I have to cut 2 pieces to cover the unprinted side. I did not use some of the pieces and had to cut one down as I could not seem to figure out where it belonged so I made it into a little card to go in one of the pockets.
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $0.99 a score of 6 out of 6
- Open file
- Layout, when opened, was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at the file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout, when opened, was super simple and I knew what to do. As always I filled in the pieces to keep me organized. and used a photo of the finished item. This got a 5 out of 6 for open file category. due to the fact that it was ungrouped.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
So easy a young kid can do this: No instruction except for the photo as a guide. No tutorial so lost points … I give this 5 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
“I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.” in this case ribbon to keep it together gets a 2 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo online. This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- 4 sheet of 12 in x 12 in different patterned Cardstock
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 42 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People