We have been doing service projects in our neighbourhood and I was looking for a cute craft idea that we could then use in a service project. So, I found one, and for my monthly devotional this is what we did after we all said a few prayers:
Note I had to prepare a little:
- Buy socks: I warn you now that mens socks are dull, dull, dull and really not great for this project. hence point #2
- Buy some washcloths that have a bit of colour for all the men socks . If you are going to do this project for only females or only use cute socks regardless of who gets them, then ignore.
- Get my cupcake template at the bottom of the blog post
- Make, buy cute tags or get the entire project on my Etsy store for $0.99
- Grab some cellophane bags from the dollar store and some string. Optional : buy some lollipop or use a cupcake topper.
Now the fun part:
- Cut out cupcake wrapper and base and glue together
- lay sock flat and rollup along the entire length into a fat sausage roll
- insert into cupcake container
- Top with cupcake topper like a lollipop
- Insert into cellophane bag
- Attach tag.
We also printed a label with “made with love” and stuck on it, but you don’t need to.
These will be given to a home for the elderly/ long term care. I heard that they are always cold and always misplacing their socks. Just as easily this could be given to a homeless shelter, sick kids ward etc.
Did I mention these are super cute socks that look like cupcakes?
On Behalf Of Not So Clever People
Free Cut file for Cupcake wrapper