A while ago, I saw one of the bloggers I follow (Kayte Kraft) make the most amazing Brag book and I was in awe of her talent. I decided right away that I will make the time to try out a mini album project.
I did not jump right in to the big girl stuff of full size albums but did this mini album instead from a different blogger, there is a template with measurements to follow. All the video instructions are on the website. Scroll down to the end of my blog for the free cut file. The evaluation gave this project full marks (48/48) as it was easy to cut, kids can put this together, and inexpensive.
I have seen versions on this one page mini album advertised all over the web, but trust me you use much more than on sheet of 12in. x 12in. paper.
- 2 sheets 12in. x 12in. craft paper
- 3 sheets pattered cardstock
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine
I took the template and transferred the measurements to my Silhouette design space and cut it all out. Then glued the matting and tabs. Very easy project to do. Cutting takes about 10 minutes and glueing another 5 to 10 minutes. This is a great project to cut out for children to put together. I am always in a rush, and it was no different this time, I would layout my album differently, and glue a piece of ribbon for closing the album. The embellishments take time. I was not sure what I wanted this mini album and finally decided to do a travel theme since I am sure lots of us are in vacation mode now.
Here is my mock up project I gave the one I made to my neighbour next door before taking photos but will make another and post! Note that the bottom strip is cut off and used on the inside:
Theses are the digital travel embellishments I decided to make:
Here is the free cut file in Studio3 format. NOTE: It is for the mini album base. If you would like all the matting, tabs, and Embellishments, visit my Etsy store and get it all for $0.99
Here is the DETAILED review of this project:
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $0.00 a free template that I translated to a cut file. a score of 6 out of 6 either way
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Once I made the file, I coloured in all my matting . Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do. This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
So easy a young kid can do this: instruction are on the original website . I give this a easy rating of 6 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
I added a my own embellishments “I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.” a 5 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo online just different paper . This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- 2 sheet of 12 in. x 12in. craft paper Cardstock
- 3 sheet 12 in. x 12in. different patterned cardstock
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 48 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People