A slightly modified version: I welded some of my shapes to the frames and cut it out. The words “forever and ever” did not get cut out properly so I took them off. I also realized the parts are not numbered correctly so there is a link to to the updated version of the file. If you want to use the original file the piece 1 and 2 are reversed.
- The section with “love” on it is section 3, the number got hidden.
- The previous file had ” forever and ever” on section 2 with the rings but it did not cut how I wanted so I took it off.
- The flowers and birds I did not put on my finished card but I think it would look lovely and may do so next time I make this. make sure you ungroup and mose these pieces off the cutting area if you don’t want it cut out.
- I also did not use the square plain piece for the back. I was going to fill with a pattern and print but decided not to. I left the extra piece in for anyone who would like to do so.
This is what the file looks like now:
Evaluating my Wedding Shadow box
Project got an overall score of 47 out of 48. The total time was about XX minutes
Most importantly, the question is, would I make this again? Yes (Biased a little?)
Is this project versatile? The frames can be used for any shadwod box, just insert your own images. The objects can also be used in other cards or scrapbook layout.
Materials used : 2 different colour cardstock, bit of glitter Glue.Silhouette CAMEO®
The pieces were few and easy to layout on the mat, and easy to cut
To cut all the pieces , and to fold the score lines took about 10 minutes, another 5 minutes to glue.Give yourself an 15 to 20 minutes to complete for the first time.
Tutorial for this project: here is what I suggest
- open file and ungroup pieces. The extra pieces move to the side and cut peice 1 and 2 together and 3 and 4 together
- folded all the fold lines
- Glue tab of “4” to straight side of “1” and tab of “1” to straight side of “4”
- Pieces “1” and “4” form a box.
- fold all the fold lines of “2” and “3” if you have not already done so. Pieces “2” and “3” are inserted and glued to the inside of the box formed in step two.
- Glued decoration to cake (layer 1)
- Glue heart under “love”
This project can be done by younger kids with guidance.
This file was FREE designed by me
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was Free a score of 6 out of 6 either way
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do. This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
So easy a young kid can do this: No instruction except for what is here on my blog…loos points I give this a easy rating of 5 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
did not have to add anything other than the paper a 6 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like my design . This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- 2 sheet of 8.5 in x 11 in White Cardstock paper
- Scrap of gold glitter 1 in. x 1 in.cardstock
- scrap piece red 2in. x 2 in.
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 47 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People
Updated version of the Wedding Shadow Box