Happy independence day to our neighbour! I hope that your day is filled with family, food, and happiness, not necessarily in that order, For July 4th, I went looking in THE SILHOUETTE DESIGN STORE for a project to evaluate and there were lots of flags, cards, boxes quotes etc, Difficult to choose but then I saw one of my favorite designer had a moveable character…hinged joints. Love that its different.
YANKEE SAM JOINTED FIGURE by Snapdragon Snippets Design ID #44146
My finished project:
The instructions are in the description on the silhouette store, THIS IS SCREENSHOT:
Price$0.79 on sale now. Kids can do this craft once its cut. Glueing takes a little while with all the piece.
This is what the file looks like open:
I coloured in the pieces like always to keep me organized and I bring in a screenshot of projects also. The first thing I noticed is that the beard and hair is missing. I am going to cut out these and see if I am wrong.
Here are the best layout to save paper:
The project got an overall score of 38 out of 48. The total time was about 20 minutes: To cut all the pieces , and to fold the score lines took about 10 minutes, another 10 minutes to glue.Give yourself an 20 to 30 minutes to complete for the first time.
Most importantly, the question is, would I make this again? Y…it is cute and quite large: 15 inches.
Is this project versatile? Not sure but could use in other decorations and in a card if scaled down. The hat I will use on its own in different projects like cupcake toppers or straw decoration.
Materials used: 45 different colour cardstock, Glue.Silhouette CAMEO®
The pieces were few and easy to layout on the mat. I had to re cut because I cut the body in cream and you need to cut in Blue of the pants. This project can be done by younger kids with guidance.
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $0.79 on sale a score of 6 out of 6
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do. As always I coloured in the pieces to keep me organized. This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file”BUT there were pieces missing…no hair and no beard. I cut my own. This gets a 4 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
So easy a young kid can do this: No instruction except for the photo as a guide. I give this a easy rating of 6 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
Needs Brads” “I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.” a 2 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo online but only because I added the beard and hair myself. . This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend the designer to anyone and give it a 2 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- 2 sheet of 8.5 in x 11 in blue Cardstock paper
- 1 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. dark blue cardstock
- 1 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. cream cardstock
- scrap piece gray, red and brown 2in. x 2 in.
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 38 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People