To all of you who celebrate Canada Day, no matter were you live, I hope you had a wonderful day and a great long weekend.
We celebrated with family on July 1st , and had a backyard BBQ… the rain cleared up in time for yummy burgers, sausages all the fixings and lots of other food prepared by the family.
I decorated with Canada day items from The Silhouette Store. Very easy to make, took 5 minutes to cut the file and 1 minute to stick everything. Of course I made all the items in the file 15 times so it took longer to do all of that.
CANADA DAY BBQ DECORATIONS by Suzanne Cannon Design ID #83487
Fireworks were awesome at home, and the surrounding neighbourhood had continuous Fireworks for over an hour. We avoided the big events because we did have the newborn baby visit: Remember my post for the baby shower? Well he was born June 27th! So Cute.
Here is my finished project (not all the items were finished for the photo):
Project got an overall score of 46 out of 48. The total time was about 5 to 10 minutes
Most importantly, the question is, would I make this again? Y
Is this project versatile? Te Maple leave can be used with heat transfer on to a T shirt, The bottle hangers with other decoration…so many ideas so little time to write.
Materials used: 2 different colour cardstock, Glue, Silhouette CAMEO®
The pieces were few and easy to layout on the mat.
So easy I did not even look for a tutorial. I followed the photo and it turned out great.
- Following the photo, I glued the cut out of the maple leaf to the red bottle hanger and a cut out maple to the cutlery holder.
- I the glued the cutlery holder tabs. I found that glueing the tabs to the outside worked best.
This project can be done by younger kids on their own.
This file was $0.99 from The Silhouette Design Store. Other PROJECT TYPE range from $0.99to $1.99 so this project was in the lower price rage.
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $0.99 a score of 6 out of 6 either way
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do. This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file” but no matter how many times I changed the settings, the maple leaf would not cut clean. I finally chose a setting of blade 3 and speed 3 . I am not 100% sure it is the file but I am still deducting a make. Also the fold lines little dotted lines that were a little difficult to fold. This step gets a 5 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
So easy a young kid can do this: I don’t think a tutorial is needed but because I am starting to get tough and have deducted marks in other projects…. I give this a easy rating of 5 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
Did not have to add anything other than the paper a 6 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo online. This gets a 6 out of
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project once :
- 1 sheet of 8.5 in x 11 in red Cardstock paper
- 1 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. white cardstock
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 46 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People