So many options for a container to hold a cupcake as a Baby Shower favour! I went with this cake slice from Snapdragon Snippets that has a cupcake holder insert found on The Silhouette Design Store for $0.99. Snapdragon Snippets also has another model #220246 that can hold 3 cupcakes. I chose the one I did because it will form a full cake with 8 slice, as opposed to a cake with 6 slices. This was important to me because I am turning these full cakes into carousel and I will only have to do 3 full cakes as opposed to 4 … less work.
Here is my cake box and my addition of carousel elements:
So here is my basic review for this project. The cake slice box was so super easy to cut and put together a child could do it and took about 10 to 15 minutes each box. I did not even look for a tutorial but there is a video one here.
The project got an overall score of out of 48. The total time was about 15 minutes to cut and glue
Most importantly, the question is, would I make this again? Yes, It will be used by me I am sure
Is this project versatile ? Can be used as a cup cake favour box or as a cake slice box. So a little bit versatile.
2 different colour cardstock: cardstock Glue.Silhouette CAMEO®
The pieces were few and easy to layout on the mat.one 12in x 12 in paper gives you one box.
TIP: As always I filled in the pieces with the same colour as the paper I will use as it helps to keep me organized.
To cut all the pieces , and to fold the score lines took about 5 minutes, another 5 minutes to glue. Give yourself an 10to 15 minutes to complete for the first time.
This project can be done by younger kids with guidance.
This file was $0.99 from The Silhouette Design Store. Other PROJECT TYPE range from $1.99 to $0.99 so this project was within the norm.
When I looked for SVG files to buy on the web, I Googled 3d cupcake cake slice box and under images clicked on a few that looked interesting.
Found this one for free and there are tons more.
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $0.99 a score of 6 out of 6 either way
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do. As always I coloured in the pieces to keep me organized. This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
So easy a young kid can do this: I give this a easy rating of 6 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
I added a lots of extra to turn mine into a carousel but you don’t so ““did not have to add anything other than the paper” a 6 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo online . This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project: for 8 boxes this is the ideal amount of paper:
- 4 sheet of 12 in x 12 in dark pink Cardstock paper
- 4 sheet 12 in. x 12 in. white/cream cardstock
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 48 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People
Tags: #Carnival, #Circus, #Notworththemoney, #Worththemoney, 3d, Baby Shower, Choo Choo Train, Curcis, Evaluate Project, Evaluating Crafts, Evaluating Projects, Evaluating Silhouette Design Store Files, Not Worth The Money, Silhouette, Silhouette Cameo, Silhouette Design Space, Silhouette Design Store, Snapdragon Snippets, The Silhouette Design Store, Train, TRAIN 3D BOX ENGINE By Snapdragon Snippets Design ID #70973, Worth The MoneyCategories: Evaluating Projects, Evaluation Of Files/Projects, Events