Continuing with the theme of Circus… well OK country fair… enter the Hot Air ballon ride.
HOT AIR BALLOON BOX by Nilmara Quintela Design Id #193648 is a tiny box that holds a chocolate: Ferrero Rocher to be exact.
I have not been disappointed by this designer in the past, and this project was no different: turned out amazing.
Here are the files laid out on the mat for cutting:
Here is my finished project:
This project got an overall score of 45 out of 48. The total time was about 2 hours maybe more as you have to hold the tabs and wait for it to dry before you move on.
Most importantly, the question is, would I make this again? Yes, Yes and Yes. I want to make these for all the people I love
Is this project versatile? Sadly no…not as far as I can tell. The design around the balloon may make a great embellishment for something else…the panels of blue and cream look like flower petals so if you wanted to cut a stack of them and make a flower that may work. I have not tried any of this so you are on your own.
Materials used: 4 different colour cardstock: cardstock Glue.Silhouette CAMEO®
The pieces where nice and big, easy to layout, coloured in for better understanding of which belong together. The blog post tutorial shows how to assemble the pieces. It was a bit tricky with the curves so take your time, let stuff dry. Not suited for young children. Really worth the time and money to make this. Time to cut and glue 2hr. purchased for $1.99 from The Silhouette Design Store. The project get a score of out of 48.
This file was $1.99 from The Silhouette Design Store. Other PROJECT TYPE range from $1.99 to $0.99 so this project was in line with comparable files.
When I looked for SVG files to buy on the web, I Googled 3d hot air balloons svg and found:
Paper Matrix has PDF and Video Instructions…very cute tiny balloon.
Paper Matrix asked me to not put the SVG file for this project up, but you can still make this cute project….. head over to Paper Matrix to get the PDF . Here is another hot air balloon. very simple, use the SVG file to cut out of one or may colours, fold each one in half and glue to each other and there you have it…. a 3d balloon ! SVG file
Buy: Card Carousel 6.95(sterling pounds)
SVG CUTS $6.99
Not SO Clever People on Pinterest where I have all kinds of hot air balloons, from paper to knitting.
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $1.99 a score of 5 out of 6
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do. It was already coloured in to keep you organized. This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
Medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result. I give this a easy rating of 4 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
“did not have to add anything other than paper” a 6 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked exactly like the photo online . This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- 1 sheet of 12 in x 12 in dark beige Cardstock paper
- 1 sheet of 12 in x 12 in blue cardstock
- 1 sheet of 12 in x 12 in cream cardstock
- 1/2 sheet12 in x 12 in kraft paper cardstock
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 45 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People