Cherry Blossoms and Spring Time are forever linked in my mind, since this is what I missed seeing when I visited Japan a few years ago. Gardens filled with cherry blossoms, palaces and temples surrounded by cherry blossoms! I had a 12 day window and now I guess that gives me a great excuse to go back!
Since I missed the blossoms, and it is spring, I made my own cherry blossom tree: Enter The Silhouette Store, 3D CHERRY TREE by Erin Doran Design ID #88104
3D CHERRY TREE by Erin Doran Design ID #88104 got an over all score of 47 out of 48. The total time was about 15 minutes
Most importantly, the question is, would I make this again? Yes and I plan to do so for a baby shower party as part of my table decor. I will also increase the size to double this current project.
Is this project versatile? I have been thinking of this question as I made it…how could I use these pieces? The 3D version of the tree could have photos hanging from it, the cherry blossoms, if enlarged, could be used in all types of crafts, and the tree if only one piece is used, can be stuck on scrapbook pages, cards etc. So what do you think?
3 different colour cardstock: Brown and light pink and dark pink cardstock Glue. Silhouette CAMEO®
The pieces were few and easy to layout on the mat. very quick to cut, no fuss at all.
TIP: As always I filled in the pieces with the same colour as the paper I will use as it helps to keep me organized.
To cut all the pieces , and to fold the score lines took about 5 minutes, that was using 2 trees per page and half a page for the blossoms. It took another 5 minutes to glue. Give yourself an 15 to 20 minutes to complete for the first time.
There were no tutorial links on The Silhouette Design Store but this was written out in the description:
3d cherry tree
I followed the instructions and this is what I ended up with:
This file was $0.74 on sale, regular $0.99 from The Silhouette Design Store Other Cherry Blossom projects on Silhouette Design Store both 3D and flat range from $.59 to $1.99 so this project was really great price: all the spring stuff is on sale at this time.
When I looked for SVG files to buy on the web, I Googled SVG cherry blossoms, 3D paper cherry blossom, 3d paper trees, and found
SVG File: $4.99
Not SO Clever People on Pinterest where I have a collection of trees and other items made out of paper including a few tutorials.
Step by step Review: based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
- Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $0.74 a score of 6 out of 6
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
Layout when opened was super simple, trees were labeled, and I knew what to do. As always I coloured in the pieces to keep me organized. This got a 6 out of 6 for open file category.
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Had no difficulties cutting this file “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
So easy a young kid can do this but the gluing can be a little tricky. so young kids , say 10 years old would have little problem doing this project. No instruction except for the written guide. I give this a easy rating of 5 out of 6.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
Did not have to add anything other than the paper: a 6 out of 6
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
Looked like the photo online, except for the lighter pink paper that I used. This gets a 6 out of 6
- Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I will recommend this file and designer to anyone and give it a 6 out of 6.
- The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 out of 6 since it was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- 1/4 sheet of 8.5 in x 11 in dark pink Cardstock paper
- 3 sheet 8.5 in. x 11 in. brown cardstock
- 1/4 sheet8.5 in. x 11 in. light pink cardstock
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 47 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People