PAGE LAYOUT – TEMPLATE 3 and Template 4 by Alaa’ K Design ID #11105 and Design ID #11106 from the Silhouette Design Store
Many of my friends tell me they have so many photos to print but not sure where to start the scrapbooking process. For many people, a digital scrapbook will work best, photoshop your photos into a digital layout and it can all be printed if you need, for the rest of us, nothing beats the physical item.
I am a scrapbook fan and sometimes, more often than I would like to admit, I am stuck for for a page layout idea. I started looking for digital Cutfiles for scrapbook layout, and there were many digital scrapbook layouts where you insert you photo in a digital picture, but not many that will allow you to use a cutting machine and cut a preset layout, and many of those that I did find were not to my liking. On The Silhouette Design Store I did find some and got 2 from the same designer Alaa’k. Below is the photo of both of hers and both of my almost finished product.(did not glue down or put in photos.) I would use a darker brown next time to better match the Designers colours. I also did one of the layouts in a different paper to see if it was versatile enough for me.
This project got an overall score of 42 out of 48. The total time was about 30 minutes.
Most importantly the question is would I make this again? mmmmm… not sure its my favorite layout! It is a super simple easy to cut project but you need to set it up in your design space since it opens small and everything is ungrouped. That means all the little cutout circles will move around. I understand why it may have been delivered in a small layout: so people can see it as journaling size .The project is obviously versatile, since you can cut piece of any size and colour for a card or journal scrapbook etc.
There are no real delicate pieces other than the bow (blueish colour in photo) and flourish (pink and blue in Colour) that you need to be careful with.
You needed brown pink and blue cardstock and can put an additional sheet behind the brown if you wanted so your choice 3-4 different colour cardstock. The laying out was not fussy but no instructions to be found on The Silhouette Design store.
TIP: As always I filled in the pieces with the colour I will cut from as it keeps me organized.
To cut all the pieces took about 10 minute , to assemble the project once the pieces were cut took 10 minutes so give yourself 20 minutes to 30 minuets to complete each page of this project .
Once you have the files organized, this project can be done by younger kids no problem
This file was $0.99 from the The Silhouette Design Store . Other scrapbook layout the Silhouette Design store range from $0.99 to $1.99.
Other places for Scrapbook Layout SVG files
SVG Cuts has many files that can be used on a page
Lots on my Paper crafting world
Love SVG for free files
Not SO Clever People on Pinterest where I have pinned some Tunnel Book, shadow box related files.
Step by step Review : based on the 8 points that seem to capture what a crafter would want to know.
1. Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file was $0.99 so a score of 6 (from 1 to 6)
2. Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
The layout super simple but small and needed to be resized and grouped I thought I had the wrong file at first: This got a 3 out of 6 for open file category.
3. Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
3 different colours, the cut sizes were mainly big pieces so super easy and “cutting the file” step gets a 6 out of 6
4. Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
Super easy, you can follow the exact layout or stick as you like.. I give this a so easy a young kid can do it so 6 out of 6.
5. Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
Adding extra embellishments is needed in my view as the page looks a little too “flat” but that may just be me. If you like minimum clutter then leave it the way it is to finish this file “did not have to add anything other than the paper” so a score of 6 out of 6
6. Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
It looked like the photo from the silhouette design store. This gets a 6 out of 6
7. Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I would recommend the file for someone who wants a quick and easy cutout that is very simple. I give this “Recommend the file/designer” step a 3 out of 6.
8. The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
it was under $5.00 so a score of 6 out of 6
It was under $5.00 to complete this project:
- 2 sheets of 12 in. x 12 in. kraft paper Cardstock paper
- 1 sheet of 12 in. x 12 in. light pink Cardstock paper
- 2 sheet of 8.5in x 11 in pink Cardstock paper
- 1 sheet of 8.5in x 11 in dark rose
- 1 sheet of 8.5 in x 11 in blue-green Cardstock paper
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 42 out of 48.
On behalf of Not So Clever People