Had so much fun with Lori Whitlocks Valentines day card review, so just had to do a “quickie review”: it is this Heart Envelope by Silhouette Design ID#174799 FREE from The Silhouette Design store this week so hurry over and get it!
TIP: for all of you out there that don’t have a Silhouette CAMEO®, you can still download the files from The Silhouette Design Store and send to your printer.
So here is the review based on the 8 points I blogged about last time.
1. Price of downloading the file
- Free to $.99
- $.99 to $2.99
- $2.99 to $4.99
- $4.99 to $6. 99
- $6.99 to $8.99
- $8.99 0r more
This file is FREE to download. Can’t beat that! This is a timely item to download with all the Valentines Day cards I will be making .
So I would give the “price of downloading the file ” a grade of 6 (from 1 to 6)
2. Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help!
I looked at the layout, and thought “wow, can’t get any easier than this!” it was a super simple layout designed to be cut from one piece of paper (8.5 in. x 11 in.) with left over although you could resize to make bigger.
I would give the “open file” step a grade of 6 out of 6
3. Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
Loaded up my mat with pink paper. I did not have pink vellum as that is what it looks like in the photo but figured that solid paper would be just fine. Once I sent my file to cut, the process took less than 30 sec. I did not have to change paper multiple times or use extra steps like print and cut.
I would give “cutting the file” step a 6 out of 6
4. Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
This was so easy a young kid could do it: fold cut lines, apply glue.
I would rate the “easy to construct” step as a 6 out of 6.
5. Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- I could add if I wanted to.
- did not have to add anything other than the paper
Had to use only the paper and glue .
I rate this step “needed extra items” a 6 out of 6
6. Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
I think it looks great.The photo does not look exactly like the photo on The Silhouette Design Store and this could be for a few reasons:
- The photo maybe of a vellum envelope or
- It is a mockup shoot of the envelope.
Some people may want the envelope to look EXACTLY the same. The background behind the hearts are white for example.
I give “Finished product” a 5 out of 6
7. Recommend the file/ designer
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
I would recommend this file and designer to anyone even if they are not crafty or if they are a young child with little or no coordination.The envelope is a really simple project that can be cut out to put Valentin notes for classmates. The Kids can make the envelopes themselves which is a bonus for busy mums and dads.
I give this “Recommend the file/designer” step a 6 out of 6.
8. The overall cost for the project was
- Under $5.00
- Under $10
- Over $10
I give “the overall cost for the project” a 6 a out of 6
as it was under $5.00 to complete this project: ie. FREE
- 1 sheets of 8.5 in x 11 in (21.5 cm x 27.9 cm) Recollections® Flamingo Cardstock paper @ $5.00 a pack for 50 that is just 10 cents a sheet.
- Free to download from The Silhouette Design Store
- My Silhouette CAMEO® machine.
My over all score for this project is 47 out of 48.
Had Fun doing this Project. It was quick, painless, I had all the items on hand, and did not have to go out to buy extra stuff. I hope you all get to make this project.
On behalf of Not So Clever People