Since I started this blog, I had Christmas files,Bullet Journaling information with files posted for free download. This lead to the start of developing files for Etsy, and thinking about how could I sell my files on The Silhouette Design Store.
Well the first month of 2017 is almost over and I have been wondering what I want to do with the blog for the next 11 months. In the last few days it has all crystallized for me and this is mainly due to the fact that I went on Pinterest, and researched Bullet Journalling, then tried all the various ideas, and came up with what I really loved for my Etsy Store. Based on that experience, I am going to look at files on The Silhouette, Design Store, download and cut them and rate them based on a few different criteria. I may extend this to Pinterest and other files I find.
Here are a few categories I am thinking of, if you want to see any other category, let me know and I will try to fit it all in.
- Price of the file
- Free to $1.99
- $1.99 to $5.00
- $5.00 to $10.00
- More than $10.00
- Open file
- Layout when opened was super simple and I knew what to do
- Looked at layout and was confused so visited blog, video, website
- Looked at file, had no idea what I was seeing, no information to be found to help
- Cutting the file
- Had no difficulties cutting this file
- Had some difficulties cutting this file
- Had tons of headache cutting this file
- Easy to construct?
- so easy a young kid can do this
- medium difficulty if you and not too crafty you can still achieve a good result
- Hard: you need to really know what you are doing and have been crafting most of your life.
- Needed extra items
- I had to add extra items to finish this project for example string, grommets, rhinestones etc.
- It was a simple cut and/or glue
- I could add if I wanted to.
- Finished product
- looked exactly like the photo online
- sort of looked the same
- No Way did this turn out the same.
- Recommend the file/ designer Scale of 1 to 5
- I would recommend this file and designer to anyone
- I would not recommend the file or designer to anyone
- I would recommend the file
- I would recommend the designer
These 7 categories are not yet set in stone but because I want to be consistent and give an overall score of each I do want a final checklist soon.
Look out for my first project evaluation this week!
On behalf of Not So Clever People